Thursday, December 14, 2023

The Dr Who Cruise Part 7

Saturday, 10/28 – Day at Sea

We didn’t have any reason to get up, so we didn’t set an alarm, and got up when we woke up, which turned out to be about 8 AM. We went to the Main Dining room for breakfast, where Hubby was able to get Eggs Benedict, which he couldn’t get in the buffet. After hanging around our cabin until 11:30, we went to deck 5 to refill our beverage cups with soda at the pizza place. Then we went to the deck 3 Main Dining room for lunch.

After lunch, we watched a little tv in our cabin, then decided to go to the hot tub. Once I got into a swimsuit, Hubby confirmed that I had a bruise along my upper back/lower neck. Left-overs from the massage I’d gotten two days earlier. We found room in an infinity-view hot tub in the Solarium, a section that is for adults only. I tried to get my bruises submerged in the water as much as possible, but I had to hang on and squat, and the movement of the water tended to move me this way and that. The water was agreeably hot, and after about 25 minutes, I decided I was done.

While I was getting out of the tub, I noticed a man come into the Solarium with his daughter in a stroller. He paused right in front of the sign saying guests 18+ were welcome to rearrange the towels in the stroller so that his daughter would nap. Then a woman came in with her toddler son and stopped to stare at that sign. She turned to me and asked, “This is for kids, right?” I told her it wasn’t, and she turned around and left. The man with the stroller was still there, and later, as Hubby and I walked to the other side of the Solarium in search of towels, the man came pushing his stroller among all the adults as if his daughter belonged there. Some people just don’t believe the rules apply to them.

Then we went back to our cabin and packed as much as we could. As usual, we decided to carry them out ourselves, so we could toss the last few items in in the morning. Hubby decided to go walking, and I decided to catch up with my writing. (Blogs don’t write themselves, and neither do Works in Progress.)

After a while, Hubby returned with two photos. One he had bought from the couple who had organized the semi-group photo the night before, and a copy of the official group photo from D, which was part of our membership. He told me he had been told that they had had the readings and autograph sessions at 3 PM, and nobody had known how to get hold of us to tell us, because D didn’t know our cabin number. This was usually held after dinner on the last night, not the middle of the afternoon, but the last day wasn’t usually a day at sea. So we missed that activity and were saddened, but we had the photos.

We took the photos with us to dinner, and Hubby borrowed a sharpie from Jon (monster) and flitted from table to table getting autographs. In fact, two or three of the monsters approached him to give him autographed photos that they had prepared for us. We came back to the cabin with more photos than we had taken, which left us feeling happier. Eventually, D will edit all the video and audio he took during the cruise into a CD, and we will get a copy of that CD as part of our membership. That will include the reading of the stories/scripts, so eventually, we’ll get to hear those, too.

So we set the alarm to get us up to get off the ship and turned in.

No comments:

Post a Comment