Friday, December 1, 2023

The Dr Who cruise - Part 5

October 26, Thursday – Roatan

We got up at 7 with no shore excursion to do. Hubby did have a 9 AM appointment with 2 other fan writers to collaborate on a short story. The DW guests would do a table reading of the freshly written stories on the last evening of the cruise. Since he had that appointment, he opted to go to the buffet for breakfast. I wanted to go to the Main Dining Room. I like the Main Dining Room for breakfast and lunch because it’s less noisy, less confusing and less hurried than the buffet.

After breakfast, I went to the card room to do some writing. This would give the steward a chance to clean our cabin.

We had appointments at the spa for a couples massage. We arrived almost ½ hour early and had paperwork to fill out. For some reason, when it was time for our massages, they decided it was too soon after his stent was put, and they could not do a massage on him. Who knew one would effect the other? So I was the only one to get a massage after all. I knew I’d been dealing with a lot of stress, but she was really working my muscles hard! Afterwards, she told me my leg muscles were as hard as a wall. A few hours later, I realized my calves were sore, and my upper back/lower neck felt bruised. (Hubby confirmed that I was bruised there.)

Hubby came back after my massage, and the two of us went to the buffet for lunch. Then we went back to our cabin to write, but Hubby seemed restless and kept going off to walk about. One time when he came back, he brought the 2 women from Australia who were the rest of his writing team. He had made a change to their script and wanted to get their opinions on it.

The two ladies had found themselves with nothing to do for the afternoon. D had told them to just take a taxi to the dolphin experience, and everybody would meet there. They went to the taxi stand, but couldn’t get a good deal, so they just came back aboard. We had a nice chat, they approved the change to the script, and then they gave him their email addresses so he could send them a copy of the script once he got home.

About 7, Hubby told me to go down to the Schooner Bar and he’d catch up with me. I said I would first go to the pizza place to fill my tumbler with pop so I’d have something to drink at the bar, and he said okay. With such a large group, we very nearly took up all the seats at the bar, so I sat down with the first batch of DW people I saw, thinking I would see Hub when he arrived. A short time later, Tim came by and told me Hubby was farther into the bar, holding a chair for me. So I went to join him, but if he was ‘following’ me, how did he get ahead of me? Why didn’t he call to me when he saw me come in? Is it any wonder we lose each other?

We went to dinner, and the guest at our table tonight was a companion of the Troughton DW way back in the late 60s. Unexpectedly, another table complained that there were too many people at their table, and not everyone could sit down. So D went over to see what was going on, and even though he had already been at our table once, Ross came over to join our table. Double fun! And there was no soup drama tonight, although the servers did break out into a dance. And those diners who were so inclined joined in.

Others at our table were going mini-golfing after dinner, while others were going bar hopping. But our group shore excursion the next day started at 7:30 AM, so we went to our cabin and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment