Friday, April 5, 2024

Taking Next Week Off

Rather than just disappear from my blog for a week or two, I thought I should let you know that I will not be here for at least 1 week. Maybe 2. It depends on how things go.

Hubby has surgery scheduled for April 15, and next week’s blog would be due on 4/11. As the date for his surgery approaches, my nerves are getting strung a little tighter and tighter. No need in loading myself down with extra chores at a time when I might be finding it difficult to focus on things like that.

The following week, 4/18, will be just a few days after surgery. He will be in a sling for 5 weeks, is my understanding. I remember when my arm was broken last year, and I was in a sling for several weeks. I started out pretty helpless for the first few weeks, unable to do much of anything for myself. I even needed help cutting up my food at meals. I don’t know how much help he will need throughout the day, and I don’t want to over-commit myself.

Hubby’s surgery involves getting a small defibrillator installed in his chest to keep his heart beating regularly. Kind of like a pacemaker, only different. Sorry, but that’s the way it was explained to us.

Anyway, this looks to be the first step in his getting healthier after 1.5 years of various illnesses. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment