Friday, March 15, 2024

Depressing News

I don’t spend a lot of time on facebook or twitter anymore. I find it too depressing. Every day or two, it seems like a friend has lost a family member or a pet to death. Two other friends are facing a medical diagnosis that means a long haul to get the illness taken care of.

It was bad enough when it happened to my friends. It’s even worse when it happens to my own family. John has been ill since mid-November of 2022. We are waiting impatiently for the date when he can get his first operation, which we hope will make it possible for him to get more surgeries done, and he can finally work his way towards health.

And now I find myself stumbling over my own health issues. Some of you may know I had surgery on Mar 1. What I didn’t know until today was that they found ‘scar tissue’ when they did that surgery, and so they biopsied it. I was told today that the biopsy came back negative for cancer. Big sigh of relief. But that scar tissue, located where it is, could cause problems in the future, so I’m being referred to another doctor to figure out what can be done with it.

Yesterday, I saw yet another doctor, and she noticed something was abnormally thick for my age. (Normal would be 4 cm, while mine is 6 cm.) She doesn’t think it’s cancer, but she wants to biopsy it ‘to be sure’.

Needless to say, sometimes I find it difficult to focus on what I’m doing. But I keep trying to farble my way through.

To get back to what I was saying at the beginning of this; I don’t need any more depression or anxiety in my life right now. I’m on a full load of anti-depressants and my anti-anxiety meds have recently been upped, too. I’m sorry if you are going through a hard time, for whatever reason, and I don’t comment on your post. Chances are rather slim that I see it, because FB only sends your post to 7% of your friends. I wish everyone good health and a relatively good life. Just like I’m trying to do for myself.

Update: On the day I wrote this blog, I was unaccountably tired, very achy, and just plain cranky. I feel that crankiness came through, and I’m sorry about that. My circumstances are not anybody’s fault; they are just the hand I’ve been dealt by fate. Some days are better than others, and I will check in on social media when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment