Friday, August 11, 2023

Getting Home

Sunday, 4/30 - We arrived at LA, and had to find out where our gate was. We only had about 1/2 hr to get there. Turned out it was down this big hallway, turn right, down the escalator to a smaller hallway, take the elevator up to another small hallway, then through a doorway to a small room that had 2 gates in it. I nearly missed it because I saw 'Gate 41B' before I noticed 'Gate 41A'. We needed 41A. We sat down in the cramped quarters to wait, and I got my sweater out of the carry-on suitcase and put it in my carry-on bag. In case the next plane was also cold. The boarding ramp to the plane was extra long and convoluted, but eventually, we got to the plane. We didn't get to sit together here, either. I shoved my cpap and bag under the seat in front of me, buckled my seat belt, and tried to get some sleep. This was another 5-hr trip, to Orlando. Shortly after take-off, the staff came around with cookies and drinks. Since I hadn't had any breakfast, I made the most of it. I think I managed to doze some of the time. Shortly before landing, staff came around again to offer coffee or water. I should have taken the water; my sinuses felt completely parched, but I passed.

We claimed our baggage and went to find our shuttle for our parking lot. It took some doing, but we finally connected with it. The shuttle driver was not the most pleasant person in the world. Our car had been sitting in the hot sun for over a week, and the remote clicker wouldn't work; we had to open all the doors with the key. Then as we drove home, we kept hearing the locking mechanisms going off and on. John finally got it to stop by hitting the 'lock' button on his door handle. Our first place for stopping to eat was super busy, so we went to our 2nd choice and got something to take home with us. Watched an hour of tv while we ate and went to bed about 9 pm.

PS. Monday, 5/1 - we discovered we had both come home with covid.

No comments:

Post a Comment