Friday, July 15, 2022

So Close!

I made a promise that my new website would be up and running today. So, what am I doing today? Trying to figure out how to use my domain name - which I bought via Godaddy - to work with my hosting company. They thought I had bought a hosting package from Godaddy, and when I said I didn't, that I only bought the domain name via them, and asked what did I need to do to get this domain to work for them? Crickets. Less than crickets.

Don't get me wrong, I am pleased with the support I've gotten from these people as I tried (for 3 months) to get my new website set up. I've occasionally had to ask them to dumb their explanation down, as I'm not the most computer-literate person in the world. Any one of my sons can attest to this, as I still call them up (long-distance) to ask computer questions.

It's possible that they are working on this. Or, depending where they are located, it may be past quitting time for them, in which case, I won't hear from them until Monday.

So... I suppose I should move on to other things, having done all I can do. I still need to work on my Mailchimp account. And go to the store and drug store to pick up groceries and prescriptions. Heck, there's some leatherwork I need to finish lacing, and make-up applications to practice. There's lots of stuff for me to do. (There always is.) I just need to make up my mind to move on.

I did the best I could. I guess it probably won't be live until Monday. Let's hope, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment