Saturday, April 9, 2022

The Tax Man

 I just got done sending in our tax forms for last year. I don't normally wait this late, but instead of a refund, we had to pay extra, and I had to make sure I could cobble together the money to pay the bill. I finally got the money pulled together, and sat down with my computer to get the forms efiled.

It didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped.

First, the tax program kept sending me into a loop, having me double- and triple-check information I had already double- and triple-checked before today. After answering the same questions for the 4th time, I finally found a way to get it to move on to prepare the document for efiling.

Then, because we didn't use this tax program last year, I had to prove that we are who we are. It was about that time that the overcast skies opened up and threw a bunch of water and thunder and lightning all over the place. In order to read the information on our driver's licenses, I had to turn on a light AND get out a magnifying glass to work with my 'cheater' glasses so I could put that information into the computer. I sat there chaffing at each little delay, yelling at my computer to hurry up because there was no telling if the next lightning bolt might disrupt our power.

Luckily, power was not disrupted, and at approximately the same time as I finally got the forms ready to go, and provided our bank information so they could debit our checking account for what we owed, the storm abated. Whew!

So, that's done, at least for another 9 months, when I get to start the process all over again. Until then, I get to move on to other things on my To Do list. Hmm. Like filing my quarterly state sales tax report.

No comments:

Post a Comment